About Our Campsite
Nestled along the edge of the Broads national park, Highgate has been run by Lesley and Mike Smith since 1990 and has been on this particular site since 1699. Mike and Lesley have planted upwards of 10,000 trees on-site, creating countless walks on and off-site, and encouraging a plethora of wildlife into the local area. Highgate, like a fine wine, has only gotten better with age. Sheltered by an immaculately kept border of shrubs and trees with a beautifully managed lawn for you to set up for the night on. No grazing animals are allowed on site.
Highgates location lends itself perfectly to a variety of different activities. Nearby attractions include the Norfolk Broads for wildlife and nature lovers, Pleasurewood hills for any thrillseekers amongst you, Bewilderwood to entertain the children, among many many more. You can read all about nearby attractions by clicking here.
Places to visit
- The famous Golden Sands of Great Yarmouth are 3 miles away, with Rollesby, Acle, Potter Heigham, and Cromer for Boat Hire also close by.
- For a visit to the zoo, look at: Thrigby, Banham, Kessingland, and Cromer.
- Norwich City offers a great Castle and museum, and an excellent variety of shopping.
- Pleasure Beach and Pleasurewood Hills are both popular Theme parks located close to us.
- Why not visit the country retreat of H.M. Queen and Many many more places to visit. All the above-mentioned places are within 2- 30 miles away.
- We have a resident fly fishing tutor who can be available for group instruction and one to one lessons. Trout and Salmon fishing trips can be arranged in advance.
Eating Out? there are several excellent places to choose from nearby.
We are 2-3 miles from Caister on sea
We are open all year round! Though we tend to be quite busy in summer months so booking in advance is advised
We ask that you arrive after 12.00pm unless otherwise agreed
We ask that you move off your pitch before 11.00am on the day of departure unless otherwise agreed.
Yes, pets are welcome at Highgate. Dogs are to be kept on a lead and cleared up after in accordance with caravan club rules.
We are approximately 12 miles which is a short 20 minute Car journey.
Yes you are welcome to BBQ but this must be off the ground (No open fires)
As a small but popular site, we ask for the following:
3 nights or less - Payment in full
Longer stays deposit required (equivalent to 3 nights)
There are some excellent walking opportunities along safe quiet roads, the Broads waterways, and through the forest around the campsite, and many more just a short drive from Highgate.