About Highgate Farm Caravan Park & Campsite
Lesley & Mike Smith have been running Highgate Farm Caravan Park now for over 16years. It is set in the heart of the Norfolk Broads with many interesting places to visit close by. Sheltered by trees and shrubs, well maintained with levelled grass ( no grazing animals ) With separated Ladies and Gents shower and toilet blocks.
Highgate farm has been on this particular site since 1699, on Swim Road, a drovers road. We have planted tree lined walks and round 10,000 trees on the farm, which has encouraged lots of wildlife and nesting birds.
There are lots of things you can do near by please see the list below and visit the Attractions page.
Places to visit
- The famous Golden Sands of Great Yarmouth are 3 miles away, with Rollesby, Acle, Potter Heigham, and Cromer for Boat Hire also close by.
- Thrigby, Banham, Kessingland, Cromer for a visit to the zoo.
- Norwich City for a visit to the Castle and museum and excellent shopping.
- Pleasure Beach and Pleasurewood Hills for Theme parks.
- Why not visit the country retreat of H.M. Queen and Many many more places to visit. All the above-mentioned places are within 2- 30 miles away.
- We have a resident fly fishing tutor who can be available for group instruction and one to one lessons. Trout and Salmon fishing trips can be arranged in advance.
Castle Carvery at Caister
The Bridge Inn Acle
The Kings Head Filby
We are 2-3 miles from Caister on sea
We are actually open all year round
We ask that you arrive after 12.00pm unless otherwise agreed
We ask that you move off your pitch before 11.00am on the day of departure unless otherwise agreed.
Yes pets are welcome at Highgate, dogs are to be kept on a lead and cleared up after in accordance with caravan club rules.
We are approximately 12 miles which is a short 20minute Car ride.
Yes you are welcome to BBQ but this must be off the ground (No open fires)
As a small but popular site, we ask for the following:
3 nights or less - Payment in full
Longer stays deposit required (equivalent to 3 nights)
There are some excellent walking opportunities and safe quiet roads
There are some excellent cycling opportunities and safe quiet roads surround the campsite
Want to go Camping in Norfolk? - Highgate Farm provides a beautiful setting for you trip
We are a family friendly, site that is well maintained with excellent washing facilities. These have been updated. See more pictures of our site by viewing the gallery.